I can’t believe it’s already October. Some quick updates.
1. Had a bone scan of my hips/legs last week. I meet with the orthopedist tomorrow to find out what’s going on. I must say though that my legs do feel better.
2. Vocal Chord surgery was moved up to this past Friday October 2nd. All went well and I spent one night there. My throat is sore and it feel like I have a huge paper cut on my neck, but it’s healing well. On Monday the 12th I’m meeting with the ENT to get the sutures removed.
3. I now have a borrowed wheelchair that lives in the trunk of my car. My monthly co-payment is $6.40. Not too shabby. I feel like an official handicapped person now.
4. Today we ventured out to Costco, wheelchair and all. It was very crowded, but I survived.
5. On Tuesday I have clinic at UCSF. Unfortunately it’s with the pulmonologist that I like the least. Hopefully they’ll tell me I can get rid of my feeding tube.
6. In my last post I forgot to mention that my 1 year anniversary of my 1st transplant passed on September 16th. Time sure does fly by.
7. The number one thing that I miss the most about going to UCSF is the free valet parking!