Interview with Elizabeth. She and I met when I decided to look for someone to walk with in the neighborhood. We hit it off, but somehow we only walked, for the sole purpose of walking, just a few times. She currently lives in San Francisco (… and on any given United Airlines flight.)
1. List 3 positive character traits you don’t have and/or would like to have.
Patience, quick reader, easily learn languages
(I know I stressed character traits, but this is the best we came up with.)
2. If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
Throw Out Everything You Know and Start Again
3. If you were a type of food, what food would you be?
Plate of sushi – it’s delicious and has lots of variety.
4. What 5 things in your purse/backpack/briefcase right now?
Wallet, water bottle, tea mug, baseball hat, music cds
5. What would I find in your refrigerator?
Beer, tonic, condiments, cheese, eggs
6. If you had to be shipwrecked on a deserted island, but all your human needs — such as food and water — were taken care of, what two items would you want to have with you?
Yarn & needles and my iPad.
7. If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?
Read people’s mind.
8. If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would you trade?
9. Without including family members, who has been the kindest to you in your life?
Scott – my boss. He’s believed in me.
10. What is your [first] favorite memory of me?
Favorite memory is when we did the 18 mile overnight walk for American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.