Photo taken with Sylvester The Cheetah in Zimbabwe on their honeymoon.
Interviews of Carol (my sister) and Fidel (my brother in law). They currently live in Upland, California. I interviewed them separately, but thought it would be fun to see their answers side by side.
1. List 3 positive character traits you don’t have and/or would like to have.
C: Forgiving, energetic, easy going.
F: Organized, efficient, makes friends easily.
2. If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
F: I’m Just a Fat Kid from French Camp [city near Stockton]
3. If you were a type of food, what food would you be?
C: Granola – it’s practical.
F: Burrito – there are wide varieties and they’re plump.
4. What 5 things in your purse/backpack/briefcase right now?
C: Receipts, chapsticks- 6 of them!, cough drops, allergy medicine, and Mentos chewing gum.
F: Writing implementation of some sort, water bottle, sunglasses, sunblock, towel
5. What would I find in your refrigerator?
C: Chobani non fat peach yogurt, watermelon, cheese, eggs, non fat milk.
F: Yogurt, orange juice, fruit, cheese, protein shakes
6. If you had to be shipwrecked on a deserted island, but all your human needs — such as food and water — were taken care of, what two items would you want to have with you?
C: Q-tips and dental floss.
F: Solar powered computer with satellite and a mountain bike
7. If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?
C: Ability to heal people who are ill
F: Ability to create any power I want
8. If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would you trade?
C: Peets – what’s not to love, you’re fed, you’re loved, you sleep all day long and your daily task is to eat. Genius. (She was supposed to choose a person, but after much discussion and time passing I gave in and let her choose her dog.)
F: Jack Johnson – his life is awesome: surfer, musician, lives in Hawaii, cares about the environment.
9. Without including family members, who was or has been the kindest to you in your life?
C: It’s too hard. I can’t choose one. I’ll just say my friends.
F: Random stranger at Las Vegas gave me 2 grand while we were playing blackjack.
10. What is your [first] favorite memory of me?
C: After 1st transplant, we were in the car coming home from somewhere and I told you to look at the moon. You said, without missing a beat, “That’s a waning gibbous.”
F: When you went down the inner tube at Tahoe. I took picture, put it in a frame and stuck it your apartment. It took you 2 days to find it.