Here are some useless things that’s been on my mind.
1. Cartoon from BrainlessTales.com. I have it as the wallpaper for my phone’s lock screen. It makes me smile every time I see it.
2. I’ve abhorred Gangnam style ever since I first saw the dance, and then the man himself, on The Ellen Show. Ugh- the song, the dance, the spoofs, the craze. It’s so embarrassing. I try my best to pretend it’s not all around me.
3. My laptop skin from DecalGirl.com. Isn’t the astronaut so cute? I also have other covers for my phone and Kindle. All of them are by Vlad Studios.
4. This was done for a Hallmark card in 2010 by Dan Regan. It’s one of my favorite cartoons. Love it!
5. My yellow watch came in this case. It has a little slot on top, making it the perfect coin bank. Come over and put some quarters in it, will ya.
6. There are so many different kinds of glue. They’re like apps.
Do you think this will stick?
… There’s a glue for that.
These are the 4 glue bottles my mother bought. Throw my hot glue gun in the mix and I can now glue practically anything crafty… though probably not wood.
- Mod Podge®, the number one, all-in-one glue, sealer and finish!
- Elmer’s Glue-All® is America’s favorite household name for a reason when it comes to all-purpose glue. ( Remember slathering it on your palm and lifting the dry ‘skin’? Kids are weird. )
- Aleene’s® Fabric Fusion® Permanent Dry Cleanable Fabric Adhesive
- lmer’s CraftBond® Acid-Free No-Wrinkle Rubber Cement
7. As politically incorrect as you can get, but funny.
8. I lose things all the time. Eventually they’re found in some stupid place you forgot, or it fell behind something. But, there are those items that seemingly walked off on two legs to seek a better home.
- Handmade Sterling Silver texture-hammered bracelet that I bought in Seattle.
- Glow in the dark Halloween Swatch Watch with a cartoon vampire and bats.
- The instructional manual for Animal Crossing: Wild World on the Nintendo DS.
Wouldn’t you know that all of them are no longer in production? I can’t give up on the bracelet because it’s irreplaceable. I still have hope that it’ll turn up. Limited edition Swatch Watches are hard to find, but it’s possible.
I was sad/mad/irritated enough to actively seek out a replacement for the watch. I bought one on eBay. Gotta love eBay. The instructional manual isn’t that hard to replace. In fact, you can download the pdf for free, but printing out 24 colored pages seems wasteful and time consuming. I looked to see if I could purchase the paper version of it from someone selling just the case, but paying $10 for it is seems even more wasteful.
9. In 1996 during my sophmore year in college, a friend on my floor in the dorm was super into computers and ‘the net’. I remember learning HTML and the basic structure of how to create a webpage. Remember DOS? IRC chat rooms? And ICQ? It seemed so fancy back then. I won’t ever forget the sheer joy on my RA’s face when she got her new Gateway computer delivered. Looking back on it, the tower casing was huge! I think it was that school year my school switched to online class registration from the telephone. Enough reminiscing. Fast forward 16 or so years, and here I am trying to teach myself CSS.
I bought CSS: The Missing Manual a couple of years ago, but I’ve just now started it. So far I’ve learned how HTML, XHTML and CSS work together, the basic CSS syntax, how they interact with different types of browsers, and the importance of declarations. So far so good. I have a web host, a domain, an extremely limited knowledge of FTP, and my hand dandy self-help book. Hopefully you will see some progress reflected on this blog. For now, I’m still trying to figure out how to get the videos on here to play on mobile devices.
10. I’ll leave you with some quotes I stumbled upon recently.
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
Charles R. Swindoll
A bad attitude is like a flat tire, you can’t go anywhere until you change it.
If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.
p.s. the stupid bird is still whooting.