1. Unexpected benefit of weight loss – it’s so much easier to paint my toenails. Who’d have thought?
2. (for Mac users)
I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to ‘discover’ Image Capture and GarageBand. I never even knew Image Capture existed until today.
I also included a picture of Day One, because it’s one of the best purchases I’ve ever made. I use it like an e-version of a Moleskin notebook/calendar. Love it.
3. Congratulating myself for a 75 point word using all of my tiles. I admit it was serendipitous, not a drop of skill, on this particular instance but happy nonetheless. The word couldn’t be more apropos. Do you play wwf?
4. I’m knitting socks for E. A very belated birthday present as I’ve been distracted by paper. I’m trying out ways to manipulate the cast-on so that I can achieve a particular color pattern with variegated yarn. The photo is of my first attempt. I am now on my 3rd, and I think this will be it, even if it doesn’t turn out the way I would like.
5. I usually listen to an audio book while knitting, but this time around I wanted something funny to keep me entertained. The Cosby show is my go-to for easy humor. I can watch it over and over again without getting sick of it. I suppose it’s my version of comfort food. I’m halfway through the series.
6. A taste of summer. Yum.
7. It seems I can’t get book binding completely out of my mind. The first thing I thought when I saw these boxes was that they would make great journal covers. The possibilities are endless! Hot Tamales, Lemon Heads, Milk Duds, SourPatch Kids, Nips…
8. As you all know, I love Haribo gummy candy. Well, the gold-bear packs that are sold in the US do not include strawberry. I only discovered strawberry because a yarn company in Germany used to include a tiny packet of gummy bears with your order. E has visitors here from Germany, and they brought strawberry bears for me. A whole kilo of it!
9. Next month will be 19 years that I’ve lived in San Francisco.
10. Julie is coming up to SF this weekend! And a couple of friends are coming to visit in a couple of months! Jami from Louisiana and Andie from Santa Barbara. Hooray for visitors!
p.s. The stupid bird is STILL hooting.
Bird 1, Susan 0.